Courses run weekly
Link Reourses offrer quality and value for money - No need to compromise
Upon successful completion of this course you will have the skills and knowledge to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces this includes:
- Access, interpret and apply procedures for confined space entry.
- Obtain, confirm, clarify and apply work instructions, agreed procedure, implement signage, barrier, environmental protection, and safety requirements, and emergency response procedure.
- Select tools and equipment for the tasks, check for serviceability and rectify or report any faults.
- Ensure that the atmosphere is tested and monitored for harmful elements.
- Correctly apply tagging and lock-out procedures.
- Enter and exit the confined space correctly.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the stand-by person.
- Recover tools, equipment and materials.
- Remove tagging and lock-out.
This Confined Space program is designed to give students the necessary skills and knowledge to safely and competently enter and work in confined spaces. Training and assessment is compliant with AS2865 including but not limited to:
- Applicable Legislations And Company Confined Space Procedures
- Definitions And Types Of Confined Spaces
- Hazardous Atmospheres Including Gas Monitoring Techniques
- Hazard Identification And Risk Management Procedures
- Isolation, Purging, Ventilation
- Roles And Responsibilities Of Team Including Standby
- Rescue Equipment And Procedures
- Industry Case Studies
This course is recommended for workers who will be entering a confined space and performing confined space work, but are not required to write a permit, monitor gas levels, wear breathing apparatus or perform supervision of confined space work.
Students are required to complete Pre Course Learning for these Units of Competency.
Upon booking Students will receive an email Booking Confirmation with the Student Manual and Pre Course Questionnaire attached. The Student shall read the Student Manual and complete the Pre Course Questionnaire prior to the course commencement. These Pre Course Questionnaires will be reviewed by the Trainer / Assessor upon commencement of training.
Face to face training and assessment is conducted at one of Link Resources purpose built training facilities. Upon arrangement, training and assessment can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
Link Resources Training Facilities:
Brisbane: 4/31 Henry St,Loganholme QLD 4129
Sunshine Coast: 10 Technology Dr,Warana QLD 4575
Gladstone: Suite 3a, 4/69 Goondoon St,Gladstone QLD 4680
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Link Resources Training Pty Ltd (RTO 45483).
Please see the Link Resources Payments, Cancellations and Refund Policy below in Student Information for all details on Payments for your course.
All candidates must be literate in the English language (no interpreters allowed). All candidates must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space.
At enquiry, candidates can enter the program by expressing an interest and being sent an information pack that contains booking form and LLN pre assessment. This expression of interest enables the RTO and client to work together to identify any additional support needs & make adequate provisions.
No pre-requisites exist for these Units of Competency.
Training & Education Pathways: After achieving these units of competency students may undertake a range of associated resources and infrastructure units and qualifications.
Employment Pathways: After achieving these units of competency students may seek employment in civil, construction, resources, manufacturing, utilities and maintenance industries.
Registered Training Organisation
This course and all related training and assessment services are delivered by Link Resources Training Pty Ltd (RTO Provider Number 45483).
Recognition Of Prior Learning And Credit Transfer
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the acknowledgement of a persons current skills and knowledge acquired through previous training, work or life experience.
Credit Transfer (CT) is the granting of credit to an individual for units of competency / modules previous completed.
Equipment & PPE Requirements
Link Resources supply all equipment necessary for all students to undertake training and encourage students to bring along their own relevant equipment, procedures and other information.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facilities trainees must wear suitable clothing (t-shirt, pants and closed in footwear as a minimum).