Australian 4WD, Neilson Road, Kurwongbah QLD
$395.00 Per Person
Dec 13 Wed
Jan 24 Wed
Feb 14 Wed
Mar 13 Wed
Apr 10 Wed
May 8 Wed
Jun 12 Wed
AURTGA001- Drive and manoeuvre trailers
4 hours face to face
ON SITE & GROUP BOOKINGS
Available on Request
$395.00 Per Person
MORE COURSES, MORE OFTEN
In all our locations!
Trailer Manoeuvring Training Course Overview
This program covers the required knowledge and skills to drive and manoeuvre a trailer while it is attached to a driving vehicle. It involves inspecting the trailer before use, connecting the trailer to a vehicle, driving the trailer, and disconnecting the trailer from the vehicle. The trailers may have non-pivoting axles or pivoting front axles.
- Understand the legal and safety requirements associated with towing trailers.
- Identify and assess different types of trailers and their characteristics.
- Perform pre-operational checks on trailers to ensure roadworthiness.
- Attach trailers to vehicles correctly, considering weight distribution and coupling mechanisms.
- Demonstrate proficiency in driving and manoeuvring trailers in different environments and terrains.
- Apply appropriate techniques for reversing trailers safely and accurately.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations and perform trailer recovery procedures, if necessary.
- Comply with relevant road rules and regulations while driving and manoeuvring trailers.
- Conduct post-operational checks and maintenance tasks to ensure trailer integrity and performance.
This unit and training is suitable for all personnel who may be required to operate vehicles towing trailers on roads in various terrains and conditions.
Face to face training and assessment is conducted at one of Link Resources purpose built training facilities. Upon arrangement, training and assessment can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there a suitable infrastructure and industry training facilities.
Link Resources Training Facilities:
Sunshine Coast: 8 Technology Drive, Warana, QLD 4575
Kurwongbah: Neilson Road, Kurwongbah QLD 4503
Devonport: 226 Mill Road, Wesley Vale TAS 7307
Outcomes of Trailer Manoeuvring Training
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attendance. This non Nationally Accredited Statement is issued by Link Resources Training Pty Ltd.
Please see the Link Resources Payments, Cancellations and Refund Policy below in Student Information for all details on Payments for your course.
All students must be literate in the English language (no interpreters allowed).
Operators must have the appropriate class of driver’s licence before taking charge of the vehicle and be physically capable of operating the vehicle used to tow / manoeuvre.
At enquiry, students can enter the program by expressing an interest and being sent an information pack that contains a booking notification and course information (Course Brochure). This interest process enables the RTO and client to work together to ensure the course is suitable for them and to identify any additional support needs & make adequate provisions.
No pre-requisites exist for this program.