This policy is designed to ensure that all course fees (including those paid in advance), and refunds are protected and subject to appropriate auditing processes.
Individual Student Payments
All courses require a minimum 20% deposit upon booking confirmation, and full payment is required upon commencement. Full payment can be taken upon booking confirmation if the student prefers. Organisation / Company Client Payments If an organisation / companies wish to make a booking with Link Resources and Link Resources Training, they have the following options booking/ payment options:
- Full payment prior to course commencement (payment can be made by cash, credit card or direct deposit)
- Provide a Purchase Order
- Apply to become an account holder with a credit limit
Where course fees are greater than $1,500, clients will be required to pay a 20% deposit (or $1,500 whichever is less) to confirm the booking, and no more than $1,500 in any one installment thereafter.
Fees will be refunded only in the following circumstances:
- Provider default
- Client Cancelation more than seven (7) calendar days from course commencement
A provider defaults refund will be permitted when:
- Prior to commencement; should Link Resources and Link Resources Training cancel a course before it commences, participants will be offered alternate dates (if the training is being rescheduled), or a full-refund.
- For training that has commenced; in the unlikely event that Link Resources and Link Resources Training is unable to deliver the training the participant will be offered a full refund, or the option to enroll with another RTO and Link Resources / Link Resources Training will assist in both finding a suitable RTO and in the transition to the new RTO.
- The course ceases to be provided at any time after its starts but before it is completed.
If a client has been confirmed on a workshop, sent a ‘booking confirmation’ and does not attend the training, no refunds will apply.
If a client cancels their course seven (7) or more calendar days prior to training commencing, all fees will be refunded.
All refunds will be made within 14 days after the default day or cancellation day. Link Resources and Link Resources Training will give the student a statement that explains how the amount has been worked out. Refunds will only be given to the person who paid the fees. Therefore, if the employer of the student paid the fees the refund will go to the employer.
Fees will not be refunded if:
- The student’s personal circumstances change
- The client withdraws from the course within seven (7) calendar days of the commencement of the first day of training (see cancelleations);
- The student does not start on the agreed date;
- The student starts the course and withdraws from the course before completion;
- Should a student become seriously ill or suffer exceptional circumstances of a compassionate nature (such as death or severe illness in the immediate family) and can no longer continue their study, Link Resources and Link Resources Training may refund the balance of the unused fees. This fee refund is wholly at the discretion of Link Resources and Link Resources Training. Appropriate evidence, such as a medical certificate may be required.
- This agreement does not remove the right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
If a client (corporate or individual) cancels at or more than seven (7) calendar days prior to the commencement of their course, there will be no charge.
If a client (corporate or individual) cancels six (6) calendar days prior to the commencement of their course and the fees have not yet paid, they will be invoiced 50% of the full course fee.
If a client (corporate or individual) cancels five (5) calendar days prior to the commencement their course and the fees have not yet paid, they will be invoiced 75% of the full course fee.
If a client (corporate or individual) cancels four (4) or less calendar days prior to the commencement their course and the fees have not yet paid, they will be invoiced 100% of the full course fee.
This agreement does not remove the right to take further action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
Link Resources and Link Resources Training Complaints and Appeals do not restrict the students/client’s right to pursue other legal remedies.
In the event of students who DO NOT complete their course/qualification in the specified timeframe will incur additional charges. Students may purchase the following extensions;
- Three months – $300.00
- Six months – $500.00 or full course fee (whichever is less)
- Re-training – Full course fee
- Re-assessment – 50% of full course fee
Certificate / Wallet Card replacements
If a student loses or misplaces their certificate or wallet card, and requests Link Resources and Link Resources Training to provide a replacement they have the below options:
- Replacement of original certificate posted $30
- Replacement of original Wallet Card posted $30
- Replacement of original certificate in person $25
- Replacement of original Wallet Card in person $25
- Electronic version of certificate $15
Termination due to breach
Link Resources and Link Resources Training reserves the right to expel a student for serious breach of discipline. In this case fees will not be refunded.
Quality & Compliance Manager