Upgrade Your Skills with Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ Funded)
Select from one of the following approved courses
CSQ Short Courses
|Course Code||Course Description||Student Contribution|
|RIIWHS202E + MSMWHS217||Enter and work in confined spaces + Gas test atmospheres||$0|
|RIIWHS204E||Work safely at heights||$30|
|MSMWHS217||Gas test atmospheres (single unit)||$23|
|CPCCDE3014||Remove non-friable asbestos (Class B)||$125|
|CPCCDE3015||Remove friable asbestos (Class A)||$295|
|CPCCDE4008||Supervise asbestos removal||$125|
|HLTAID011 + HLTAID009||Provide first aid + Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)||$72|
|UETDRRF004 + HLTAID009||Perform rescue from a live LV panel + CPR||$66|
|CPCCWHS1001||Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)||$5|
|WHSQHSRNCB01||Workplace Health and Safety Representative (HSR) – Initial||$306 (plus GST)|
|WHSQHSRNCB02||Workplace Health and Safety Representative (HSR) – Refresher||$82 (plus GST)|
|T0911||Introduction to Electrical Network Infrastructure for Authorised Person||$11 (plus GST)|
|RIIWHS205E||Control traffic with stop-slow bat||$134|
|RIIWHS302E||Implement traffic management plans||$323|
|RIIRIS301E||Apply risk management processes||$145|
|RIICCM202E||Identify, locate and protect underground services||$168|
|RIINMPO308F||Load and unload plant||$129|
|CPCCLDG3001||Licence to perform dogging||$431|
|TLILIC0005||Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom 11m or more)||$295|
|RIIHAN301E||Operate elevating work platform||$109|
|RIIHAN309F||Conduct telescopic materials handler operations||$255|
|RIIMPO318F||Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations||$390|
|RIIMPO319E||Conduct backhoe/loader operations||$390|
|RIIMPO320F||Conduct civil construction excavator operations||$390|
|RIIMOP321F||Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations||$390|
Funding Provided by CSQ Per Course
Where Link Resources Training course costs exceed the funded amount a student contribution fee will be required and is payable before attending your course. The student contribution fee will be disclosed upon receipt of the completed CSQ Eligibility Form.
Funding Locations in Queensland:
- Central Queensland
- Darling Downs
- Gold Coast
- Greater Brisbane
- South West
- Sunshine Coast
- Wide Bay
Link Resources is proud to announce that Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding is available for eligible participants.
Please note funding is not available for all courses, so you will need review the information below to determine the funded training options suitable for you.
CSQ is an independent, not-for-profit, industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% to 100% of course costs.
CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
If you are currently working in the Queensland building and construction industry or if you are an unemployed eligible worker, you may be eligible for CSQ funded training to advance or expand your skills under one of the CSQ programs listed below:
- Short Courses Building
- Short Course Civil
- Note: funding for all programs is subject to availability and eligibility requirements as detailed below.
Are you eligible for CSQ funding?
Participants must meet the CSQ eligibility criteria to access the CSQ funded courses we have on offer. Please refer to the table below to check your eligibility to access Building or Civil Short Course Funding. Feel free to contact us for more information and to assist you in determining your eligibility on (07) 5491 2144
|Eligibility Criteria||Short Courses Building||Short Courses Civil|
Candidates MUST meet one of the below criteria:
Candidates MUST meet one of the below criteria:
Permanently work in Queensland:
An employee of an authority:
|Currently enrolled and participating in a Queensland secondary school program (school-based Apprentices or Trainees are acceptable||No||No|
|Contracted as a trainer and assessor or an existing worker of a Registered Training Organisation||No||No|
|Undertaking more than 8 units of competency in the Short Courses Program including no more that 3 HRW Licences and no more than 3 MPO units||No||No|
|Already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of the relevant program||No||No|
|Participant seeking a verification of competency||No||No|
What is an eligible worker or unemployed eligible worker?
The Building and Construction Industry is as identified in Clause 3AA of the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991 as amended from time to time.
An eligible worker has the same meaning as defined in sections 3A and 3B of the Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991 as amended from time to time.
An Unemployed Eligible worker is a person who has been unemployed for a period not greater than 4 years that would otherwise meet the requirements of an Eligible Worker.
How many CSQ funded courses can you access?
For short courses, eligible participants can only undertake 8 units of competency in total per contract period for 2022-2023.
A single participant can access other short courses that are listed below, such as Working Safely at Heights or Elevated Work Platform (below 11m) but must not exceed more than 8 units of competency in the 2022-2023 CSQ Short Course Program funding period (Oct 22 – End Sept 23).
Please note: It’s important that a single participant does not exceed the maximum number of training units of competency during the 2022-23 CSQ funding period, as the participant will be liable for the full fee incurred for training of any and all extra units of competency above the maximum allowed.
Where Link Resources Training course costs exceed the funded amount, a student contribution fee will be required and is payable before attending the course. The student contribution fee will be disclosed upon receipt of the completed and submitted CSQ Eligibility Form.
How to Apply
You will need to:
- Complete the CSQ Eligibility Application Form which must be supported with the following identification and evidence of employment documentation; and
- Download and read through our Student Handbook
One (1) of the following:
- Full Birth Certificate of Birth Certificate Extract (Aust/NZ only);
- Passport (Aust/NZ only – up to 6 months from expiry);
- Medicare card (green only);
- For Visa Holders – Employer letter on letterhead, dated and signed confirming participant has right to work in Queensland in the Building and Construction Industry OR Visa with conditions including right to work in Queensland Building and Construction Industry.
One (1) of the following:
- QLeave Statement (current statement showing credits within last 4 years);
- QBCC Licence – must be current and relevant to Building and Construction Industry;
- Letter from employer, on letterhead, dated and signed confirming employment, job title and duties that are relevant to the Building and Construction Industry;
- Statutory Declaration providing details of employment including role and duties within the Building and Construction Industry;
- For self-employed workers – you can provide one of the above OR a copy of your ABN/ACN registration showing ownership and invoices for recent work
- For approved active apprentice/trainee – letter from employer, on letterhead, dated and signed confirming apprenticeship details including commencement date, DESBT issued registration number and qualification OR DESBT commencement letter;
- For unemployed cancelled apprentice/trainee – DESBT cancellation letter or DESBT cancelled apprentice training approval advice;
- For Workcover participants – a Work Cover Certificate or letter demonstrating Workcover for period of training and details of employment in Building and Construction Industry.