Upgrade Your Skills with Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ)
Link Resources is proud to announce that Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding is available for various courses for the 2021-22 period. This funding is available in CSQ’s new training year (from October 1, 2021) and is only available to Queensland-based individuals or companies that meet the specific eligibility criteria.
Please note funding is not available for all courses, so you will need review the information below to determine the funded training options suitable for you.
We look forward to supporting individuals and businesses unlock new opportunities in the building and construction industry through training.
About Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Funding
CSQ is an independent, not-for-profit, industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
You have the Right to Work in Australia
An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or
A permanent resident of Australia, or
A Visa holder with relevant permission to work.
AND must permanently work in Queensland
You are an Eligible Worker, if you are
Currently employed eligible worker in the building and construction industry, OR
Currently a self-employed eligible worker in the building and construction industry, OR
Currently an unemployed eligible worker in the building and construction industry and have been unemployed for no greater than 4 years from previous employer, OR
An active trainee/apprentice, registered in Queensland, undertaking an apprenticeship or traineeship, OR
An eligible worker in the first year out of their CSQ approved apprenticeship or traineship, OR
A cancelled apprentice or trainee who was undertaking a CSQ approved apprenticeship or traineeship, OR
An employee of an Authority, OR
Contracted as a trainer and assessor or an existing working of an RTO, OR
Already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training.
Your training is subsidised by CSQ funding and is paid directly to Link Resources. Where CSQ funding doesn’t cover the full cost of your fees, you will be required to make a student contribution.
Courses with funding available for eligible applicants?
Short Courses – Building Specific
- CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- HLTAID011 – Provide first aid
- WHSQHSRNCB01 – Health and Safety Representative (HSR)
- WHSQHSRNCB02 – Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher
- CPCCDE4008 – Supervise asbestos removal
- CPCCDE3014 – Remove non-friable asbestos
- TLILIC0003 – Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLILIC0005 – Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 meters or more)
- MSMWHS217 – Gas test atmospheres
- UETTDRRF06 – Perform rescue from a live LV panel
Short Courses – Civil Specific
If you believe you are eligible and would like to be considered for a funded enrolment, please provide the following documents in support of your application. Reach out to one of our friendly team members today on (07) 5491 2144 to progress your application.
Proof of Right to Work in Australia – A colour copy of one (1) of the following is required:
- Green Medicare Card (current) or My.gov – Medicare snapshot
- Current Australian or New Zealand Passport (up to 6 months from expert)
- Australian or New Zealand Full Birth Certificate or Extract
- Certificate of Evidence of Residence Status (CERS)
- Visa with relevant permission to work
Proof of employment – one (1) of the following is required:
- Most recent QLeave membership statement
- Relevant current QLD trade licence
- Employer confirmation letter on company letterhead
- Statutory declaration confirming current current employment in the Queensland building and construction industry
- Statutory declaration confirming self-employment in the Queensland building and construction industry (You must also include evidence of recent work)
Evidence of unemployment – one (1) of the following is required:
- Most recent QLeave membership statement sowing credits within last 4 years
- Relevant current QLD trade licence
- Separation Certificate
- Statutory declaration clearly showing previous employment in the construction industry including roles and duties
Evidence of apprentice/traineeship – the following is required:
- Letter of commencement from the Department of Employment Small Business and Training (DESBT) verifying commencement date, registration number and qualification.